What is life coaching?
Life coaching is a dynamic personal development process through which, with the help of a life coach, you can discover what you really want, what your talents are, set personal and professional goals and achieve them, get to know your uniqueness and embrace it.
Through this process, you will unleash your potential and achieve the changes you want in your life. Changing from an existing unsatisfactory situation to a new satisfactory one made by you, is what will bring you the feeling of joy and fulfillment.
Life coaching was first introduced through sports in the 1980s, and evolved as a very effective mean of personal development that is based on fields such as positive psychology, sociology, psychology of needs, philosophy, strategy and communication.
The coach adopting the Socratic method formulates exploratory and dynamic questions aiming to increase your awareness and change. The purpose of coaching is to unlock your dynamics and maximize your own performance. A coaching session has the form of a question-answer. The more successful the coach’s questions are, the better the impact they will have on your inner process and thus on raising your awareness and self-confidence. So your empowerment comes from your inner self and the perception that you have your own abilities. No one can understand what’s best for you than yourself.
Life coaching is addressed to mentally healthy people and differs from psychotherapy due to the fact that it focuses on the present and helps the client move onward without entering deep into the facts of the past.
The most successful people in the world collaborate with a coach because coaching in addition to being extremely effective is instantly measurable. By collaborating with your personal coach you will be able to design and fulfill the life that you dream.
If you really want it, you can do it!
Some of the benefits of life coaching
Life coaching helps you to:
- thoroughly understand yourself. Get to know your talents, skills, needs and difficulties by increasing your self-awareness
- overcome the obstacles you place upon yourself due to your own limiting beliefs
- set goals and implement effective strategies and practices that will lead to their achievement
- learn to prioritize and manage your time properly
- get out of your comfort zone and chase your dreams
- love and accept yourself for what it is
- perceive yourself and the world around you in a more positive way
- learn to communicate more effectively and thus build better professional, personal and social relationships
- take on your personal responsibility and understand that the architect of your life is only you
- recognize and when needed silence your inner judge – saboteur
- build responsibility, resilience, discipline, adaptability and flexibility
- find your inner peace and fulfillment, ensuring also a better health for yourself
If you want to start building your new life, ask yourself the following questions.
On a scale from 1 to 10
(with 1 being the minimum and 10 the maximum):
- How ready am I to break my old habits and get out of my comfort zone in order to get to my goal?
- How ready am I to commit myself to the whole coaching process?
- How determined am I to change what I need in order to achieve my goals?