What you'll learn:
Production & processing procedures
Olive oil grades and standards
The basic principles of olive oil tasting & sensory analysis
Tasting of 8 olive oils, 5 EVOO's & 3 defective
Most important Olive cultivars and terroir
Olive oil defects and positive attributes
How to select an Olive Oil from the shelves - The characteristics you must look for in an Extra Virgin Olive Oil (so you can make good buying choices and avoid olive oil fraud).
Olive Oil & Food Pairing Tips
All the benefits of Olive Oil for your Health, Beauty, and Well-being
Delicious recipes with EVOO
The tasting kit includes:
5 EVOO's from different varietals of Greece and 3 defective olive oils in glass bottles of 30ml
8 biodegradable tasting glasses with their paper covers
1 table mat
Directions on how to prepare the tasting
Olive Oil Evaluation sheet
Besides your device and the above materials, we also recommend:
- Boiled potato, plain yogurt, and peeled oranfe cut in small pieces for the food pairing. Use 3 small dishes for the pairing, placing a small piece of boiled potato, a tablespoon of yogurt, some pieces of orange in each dish.
- Water and green apple to cleanse your palate between tastings.
- A mixture of cinnamon and sugar in a small cup.
- Pen if you want to take notes.
- Optional: fruits and vegetables for aroma examples. Have at least 2 or 3 vegetables or fruits from your kitchen available for smelling. We recommend raw green beans, fresh basil or mint, unpeeled bananas, apples, tomatoes on the vine and some nuts like almonds and walnuts.
Shipment cost of the tasting kit is icluded only for participants living in Europe.
Olive Oil from A to Z, with tasting
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE